Sunday, April 22, 2018

Short version of past week's events:


This past week was pretty eventful.  We got back in town from visiting family last week late Wednesday night.  I could tell that something wasn’t right.  I didn’t feel like my belly was growing anymore.  And I had felt like my stomach was off, like maybe a mild bug for a few weeks – gassy, bloating, a few loose stools etc.  (Sorry if that’s TMI for those who don’t work in the medical field.  And maybe don’t read the long version I'll post later.)

Short version: We lost the baby, whom we named Anthony.  Anthony Ryan was named by his older brother, Kenneth.  Last Friday, the 13th, at 15 ½ weeks, I had to be induced and delivered.  Then, had a D&C (technically D&E, I believe) with general anesthesia due to part of the placenta being retained. I was intubated for the first time in my life.  Scary, but I survived with only a sore throat for a few days and feeling very grateful for all of the love, support, prayers and kindness that have been shown us.
Sunday we held a small memorial service at home with just our family, my mom included.  Everyone wrote letters to Anthony and shared.  Kenneth typed up the program.  And the kids put a few things into a memory box they’d picked out to hold items that made them think of him.

I'll update with long version later.  I've been working on it, but it's long, so... 

No comments:

Site meter