Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cameron Park Zoo

Grandma - check
Walker - check
Cell phone - check
Okay, Kenny is ready to go to the zoo.
 Our first visit was to the monkeys. They were about the regular business of the day.
I had mixed feelings when I saw this eagle at first. This particular eagle has been crippled and can never return to the wild, so that's why they keep him here. He has a companion who has been likewise injured by poachers.
I called National Geographic and wanted to sell them this picture, but they laughed at me and hung up. I still think it's a great shot.
I'm not sure this picture needs much more of an introduction.

You can sorta see the electric fence keeping the bear contained on its small island.  There was a constant humming and crackling, that seemed to be irritating the bear, for he was  pacing back and forth constantly.
This was Kenny's FAVORITE part of the whole visit. He would run back and forth, in and out of the tee pees. His face was screaming delight.
This slide was a clear tube that went through the otter water. I think he went down this slide 6 or 7 times.


We moved on to the sleeping crew. Apparently from 10am until 2:30pm is siesta time.
We eventually found some more active participants, and by active I mean not sleeping. The giraffe's just stood there eating sticks.
No zoo trip is complete without a picnic to wrap things up.
I'd show you the pictures Kenny took, but they are the type of pictures that I think only a parent appreciates.

No comments:

Site meter